Caltrans will begin construction on High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) or carpool lanes, and one mixed-flow lane in each direction for vehicles with two or more passengers in early 2012 along the Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) at Alondra Boulevard for less than half a mile from the North Fork Coyote Creek overcrossing to Marquardt Avenue in Santa Fe Springs. In addition, to enhance safety, three structures will be reconstructed: Alondra Boulevard overcrossing; Alondra Coyote Creek Bridge; and the North Fork Coyote Creek Bridge. Adjacent frontage roads will also be reconstructed to improve traffic flow. The project investment is $110 million and is expected to be completed in mid-2015.
Caltrans is committed to inform the public of the construction effort. Notices of community meetings and updated construction advisories will be posted on this website periodically. Thank you for your patience. For more information, please call toll-free (855) 454-6335.
- 1-13-14 to 1-17-14 Closure Notice S Firestone Falsework (I-5 HOV Carmentia Rd)
- 12-3-13 to 12-4-13 Closure Lists (I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects)
- 11-15-13 to 11-18-13 Notice for Weekend Northbound Closure (I-5HOV Alondra Boulevard Project)
- Alondra Blvd Bridge Project, Mar 22-29, 2015
- 11-7-12 PRESS RELEASE Alondra Bridge Closure (I-5 Alondra Blvd Bridge)
- 4-11-12 to 4-19-12 Construction Notice for Full Freeway Closures (Alondra Boulevard Bridge)
Improvements: HOV lanes, one mixed-flow lane in each direction, interchange modifications at Alondra Boulevard and Coyote Creek Bridge and north Fork Coyote Creek BridgeSchedule: Construction began early 2012Completion: Mid 2015
Cost: $110 million