Southbound I-5 in Burbank will have only one or two lanes open to traffic between 10 p.m. Friday, January 8, 2021, and 5 a.m. Monday, January 11, 2021.
This 55-hour temporary lane reduction will allow crews to shift Southbound I-5 traffic lanes onto new pavement between Empire Avenue and Magnolia Boulevard.
- Motorists on Southbound I-5 are advised to consider using other routes to avoid congestion and possible delays in the construction zone on January 8-11, 2021 (please see the map below).
- Recommended alternative routes include:
- Southbound I-405 to Eastbound Routes 101/134 to Southbound I-5.
- Or, Southbound Route 170 to Eastbound Route 134 to Southbound I-5.
- Lanes will be reduced only on Southbound I-5. All Northbound I-5 lanes will remain open.
- Southbound I-5 on-ramps at Buena Vista Street and Empire Avenue will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday, January 8, to 6 a.m. Monday, January 11. Times are subject to change. Other Southbound I-5 on-ramps will remain open (excluding ramps at Burbank Boulevard where long-term or permanent closures are in effect).
- Northbound I-5 off-ramps and on-ramps will be open as usual.
- The schedule is weather-permitting, and dates and times are subject to change.
- Updates will be posted on Twitter @My5LA . Without a Twitter account, see them at twitter.com/my5la
- Please see the map and the Construction Alert, below.
Photo above: All lanes on Southbound I-5 will be moved onto this newly constructed pavement, next to the existing lanes on I-5 (seen at right). This view is looking north at Burbank Boulevard where crews are constructing the new I-5 Burbank Boulevard bridge, scheduled to open to traffic in 2021.