Improvements: Interchange modifications and frontage road modificationsSchedule: Construction began late 2011Completion: Summer 2016Cost: $380 million54
- Reducing Congestion
- Improving overall traffic circulation on the interchange and ramps
- Enhancing Safety
- Enhancing air quality
- Accommodating future projected traffic demands and capacity
- Revitalizing our I-5 community
The Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) Carmenita Road Interchange Project, in the cities of Santa Fe Springs and Norwalk will replace and reconstruct the existing two-lane overcrossing with a 10-lane (five lanes in each direction) structure. The project wil reconfigure the on- and off-ramps, and will realign the following frontage roads: Firestone Boulevard, Freeway Drive, Carmenita Road, Arctic Circle, Molette Street and Excelsior Drive.
The project will also widen I-5 from Alondra Boulevard to Shoemaker Avenue by adding one High Occupancy
Vehicle (HOV) or car pool lane, and one general purpose lane in each direction, as well as widen the shoulder and construct a median barrier. Thank you for your patience. For more information, please call toll-free (855) 454-6335.
- Carmenita Road Interchange Project - Week of 3/29/15
- 1-13-14 to 1-17-14 Closure Notice S Firestone Falsework (I-5 HOV Carmentia Rd)
- 9-17-13 I-5 South Construction Activities Map
Weekly Construction Updates