Improvements: HOV lane in each direction and pavement replacement
Schedule: Construction started late 2010
Completion: July 2015.
Cost: $69 million
SR-170 to BuenaVista_Fact Sheet.pdf
View the project map
Long Term Ramp Closures Map (SR-170 to Buena Vista)
On-Going Construction Activities Map (SR-170 to Buena Vista)
SR-134 to SR-118 Improvement Projects
- Relieving I-5 congestion
- Encouraging ride sharing
- Extending life of the road
- Revitalizing our I-5 community
The Golden State Freeway (I-5) in the San Fernando Valley has been widened to add a High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) or carpool lanes in each direction between the Hollywood Freeway (SR-170) and Buena Vista Street. Additionally, new soundwalls were added to accommodate for the widened freeway.
This freeway enhancement project, which spans a distance of 3.4 miles in each direction improved I-5 traffic flow, relieved congestion and encourages ride sharing.
The project has been completed and is now in the plant establishment phase. During this phase, the plants
are monitored to ensure that they grow as originally planned.
- 1-26-14 to 1-31-14 Closures List (SR-170 to Buena Vista)
- Caltrans Event Notice Burbank Farmers Market 7-20-13
- 1_20_14 to 1_24_14 Closure List (SR-170 to Buena Vista St.)
Weekly Construction Updates
- NOW OPEN - 1-28-14 Construction Notice, SB I-5 Tuxford On-ramp (SR-170 to Buena Vista St.)
- SCHEDULE UPDATE 3 Ongoing- March 2014 Notice for SB I-5 SW Work between Laurel Canyon Blvd. and Sunland Blvd. (SR-170 to Buena Vista)
- UPDATE 2 Ongoing through December 2013 Construction Notice for SB I-5 Soundwall Work between Laurel Canyon Blvd. and Sunland Blvd. (SR-170 to Buena Vista)