The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street
➤ Construction Activities
Burbank Street Repair and Improvements (see map below): Crews are constructing curb and gutter, new asphalt street overlay, and constructing curb ramps compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) at multiple locations, working generally from north to south (see map below):
- Curb and gutter construction is scheduled on San Fernando Boulevard between Lincoln Street and Ontario Street; Victory Place between Old Empire Avenue and Maria Street; Victory Place between Empire Avenue and the Burbank Animal Shelter north of Lake Street; Verdugo Avenue at the I-5 bridge; and Bonnywood Place between Providencia Avenue and Santa Anita Avenue/Bonnywood Place.
- Pavement grinding and new asphalt overlay is scheduled on San Fernando Boulevard northwest of Buena Vista Street; San Fernando Boulevard southeast of Buena Vista Street; Buena Vista Street between San Fernando Boulevard and the Northbound I-5 on-ramp; Buena Vista Street south of San Fernando Boulevard; San Fernando Boulevard between Grismer Avenue and the Northbound I-5 ramps; Empire Avenue between Maria Street and Keystone Street; Victory Place between Old Empire Avenue and Maria Street; Victory Place south of Old Empire Avenue; Verdugo Avenue at the I-5 bridge; and Alameda Avenue from east of the Northbound I-5 ramps to west of the Southbound I-5 ramps.
- ADA-compliant curb ramps will be constructed on San Fernando Boulevard at Buena Vista Street; and on Empire Avenue at Valpreda Street.
- Some but not all of the work will be done at night. At least one lane in each direction will be open for traffic. This list does not include all scheduled improvements.
- See map below:
In addition, the following construction activities are underway…
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are working at the Burbank Boulevard interchange and in the I-5 median. Some work may occur at night.
Northbound I-5 between Magnolia Boulevard and Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing a barrier along the right shoulder.
I-5 between Magnolia Boulevard and Buena Vista Street: Crews are constructing electrical systems. Some work occurs at night.
I-5 between Magnolia Boulevard and Cohasset Street: Crews are grinding pavement. Work occurs at night.
I-5 between SR-134 (Ventura Freeway) and Buena Vista Street: Crews are planting landscaping.
I-5 at Empire Avenue: Crews are sealing joints. Work may occur at night and during the day.
Victory Place at Old Empire Avenue: Crews are installing traffic signals.
Burbank Boulevard, Victory Place and other locations: Crews are sealing joints. Work may occur at night and during the day.
➤ Closures and Detours
I-5 Orange Grove Avenue On-Ramp: Please see map, below.
- The Northbound I-5 Orange Grove Avenue On-Ramp will be closed at 9 p.m. on most nights, Sunday through Thursday (excluding Friday and Saturday nights) through mid-July.
- The ramp will reopen by 6 a.m. each day.
- When the ramp is closed, Orange Grove Avenue will be closed to through traffic between First Street and I-5 (only local traffic will be allowed). A detour will be posted to direct motorists to the Northbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard On-Ramp.
- The Northbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard Off-Ramp may be reduced to one lane and, at times, may be closed with a detour provided.
- All dates and times are subject to change.
- Please see the map below:
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound I-5 lane closures may occur between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction.
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Ramp Closures: Some I-5 off-ramps and on-ramps may be closed during the day or at night. Detours are provided. Special Note: Between SR-134 (Ventura Freeway) and Magnolia Boulevard, some ramps may have partial or full closures where crews are planting landscaping. Detours are provided.
Street Lane Closures: Intermittent street lane closures may occur during the day or at night on Burbank Boulevard, San Fernando Boulevard, Front Street, Victory Place, Empire Avenue, Old Empire Avenue, Buena Vista Street, Bonnywood Place, Verdugo Avenue, Alameda Avenue and other streets.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.