The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street
➤ Construction Activities
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are working at the Burbank Boulevard interchange and in the I-5 median. Some work may occur at night.
I-5 between Burbank Boulevard and Cohasset Street: Crews are constructing the irrigation system.
Northbound I-5 between Magnolia Boulevard and Burbank Boulevard: Crews are grading, paving and placing K-rails (temporary concrete barriers) before constructing a concrete barrier along the outside shoulder.
I-5 between Magnolia Boulevard and Buena Vista Street: Crews are constructing electrical systems. Some work occurs at night.
I-5 between Magnolia Boulevard and Cohasset Street: Crews are grinding pavement. Work occurs at night.
I-5 between SR-134 (Ventura Freeway) and Buena Vista Street: Crews are planting landscaping.
I-5 at Empire Avenue: Crews are sealing joints. Work may occur at night and during the day.
Victory Place at Old Empire Avenue: Crews are installing traffic signals.
Burbank Boulevard, Victory Place and other locations: Crews are sealing joints. Work may occur at night and during the day.
➤ Closures and Detours
Northbound I-5 Orange Grove Avenue On-Ramp:
From now through mid-July, the following conditions are expected:
- The Northbound I-5 Orange Grove Avenue On-Ramp will be closed to traffic on most nights, Sunday through Thursday (excluding Friday and Saturday nights).
- When the ramp is closed, Orange Grove Avenue will be closed to through traffic between First Street and I-5 (only local traffic will be allowed west of First Street).
- When the ramp is closed, a detour will be provided to the nearest on-ramp — the Northbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard On-Ramp.
- These closures are related to construction along the shoulder of Northbound I-5 near Magnolia Boulevard. Also due to this construction, the Northbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard Off-Ramp may be reduced to one lane and, at times, may be closed to traffic. When it is closed, use the Northbound I-5 Empire/San Fernando Boulevard Off-Ramp.
- Detours will be posted when ramps are closed.
- Please see the map below for ramp locations:
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound I-5 lane closures may occur between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction.
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Ramp Closures: Some I-5 off-ramps and on-ramps may be closed during the day or at night. Detours are provided. Special Note: Between SR-134 (Ventura Freeway) and Magnolia Boulevard, some ramps may have partial or full closures where crews are planting landscaping. Detours are provided.
Street Lane Closures: Intermittent street lane closures may occur during the day or at night on Burbank Boulevard, San Fernando Boulevard, Front Street, Victory Place, Empire Avenue, Old Empire Avenue, Buena Vista Street, Bonnywood Place, Verdugo Avenue, Alameda Avenue and other streets.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.