The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.
For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street/
➤ Construction Activities
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing the Burbank Boulevard Bridge, paving ramps, constructing lighting and traffic signal systems, hauling stockpiled dirt and grading. Crews are working in the I-5 median. Some work occurs at night.
I-5 between Empire Avenue and Cohasset Street: Crews are constructing the irrigation system.
➤ Closures & Detours
COMPLETE FREEWAY CLOSURE on Southbound I-5:
- All lanes on Southbound I-5 are closed at Burbank Boulevard starting at 11:59 p.m. each night, from Sunday nights through Friday nights (not on Saturday nights) until mid-November.
- The complete freeway closure ends by 4 a.m. the following morning, every day.
- All traffic must exit Southbound I-5 at Burbank Boulevard.
- A detour is provided.
- I-5 may be reduced to one or two lanes starting at 9 p.m. each night.
- Southbound I-5 on-ramps are CLOSED at Empire Avenue/San Fernando Boulevard and at Buena Vista Street between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Detours are provided. Closure times and locations are subject to change.
INTERSECTION CLOSURE — Burbank Boulevard at Front Street — on first two weekends in November:
The intersection of Burbank Boulevard and Front Street will be closed to all traffic on the first two weekends of November. (Please see the map below.)
This intersection will be closed as follows:
- Starting on the evening of Friday, November 5, until the early morning of Monday, November 8.
- Starting on the evening of Friday, November 12, until the early morning of Monday, November 15.
The full schedule, including the closing time and opening time, will be announced soon. During these 55-hour closures, please expect the following:
- Access to Front Street and the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station will be available from the south via Verdugo Avenue to Front Street.
- Access to I-5 will be available via a detour south on Victory Boulevard to Alameda Avenue to I-5, or via a detour north on Victory Place to Empire Avenue to I-5.
- Front Street will be closed between Burbank Boulevard and the Magnolia Boulevard I-5 Bridge, which is north of the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station.
- Eastbound Burbank Boulevard will be closed from Victory Boulevard/Victory Place to Front Street.
- The Southbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp will be CLOSED continuously from approximately November 1 through November 15. A detour will be provided. The schedule is subject to change.
- The Southbound I-5 Verdugo Avenue off-ramp and on-ramp are scheduled to remain open.
- All closure locations, dates and times are subject to change due to weather or operational reasons.
- This map shows the locations of these closures:
Also, please be aware of the following closures in the construction zone:
I-5 Southbound Off-Ramp Closure at Burbank Boulevard: The Southbound I-5 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp will be closed to all traffic from November 1 through November 15 (these dates are approximate, and subject to change). A detour will be provided.
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction.
Long-term I-5 Ramp Closures at Burbank Boulevard: Long-term or permanent ramp closures are in effect at some on-ramps and off-ramps at Burbank Boulevard. Detours are posted. Only the following ramps at Burbank Boulevard are open, and they may be closed at times with a detour posted:
- The Northbound I-5 off-ramp to Eastbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go east on Burbank Boulevard to San Fernando Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted.
- The Southbound I-5 off-ramp to Westbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go west on Burbank Boulevard to the intersection at Victory Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted. This ramp will be CLOSED continuously from approximately November 1 through November 15.
Long-term Closure of Burbank Boulevard at I-5: Burbank Boulevard is closed to through traffic in both directions between San Fernando Boulevard and Front Street. Detours are posted.
On- and Off-Ramp Closures and Street Lane Closures: Intermittent on- and off-ramp closures and street lane closures on San Fernando Boulevard, Burbank Boulevard and Buena Vista Street, either during the day or at night. Detours are posted.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.