The following work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted. The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. For an overview of this project, please see: http://my5la.com/magnolia-boulevard-to-buena-vista-street/
➤ Construction Activities
I-5 at Burbank Boulevard: Crews are constructing the Burbank Boulevard Bridge and retaining walls, and working in the I-5 median. Crews are hauling stockpiled dirt, and grading near ramps. Some work occurs at night.
I-5 between Empire Avenue and Cohasset Street: Crews are constructing the irrigation system.
➤ Closures & Detours
COMPLETE FREEWAY CLOSURE on Northbound I-5:
- All lanes on Northbound I-5 will be closed at Burbank Boulevard at 11:59 p.m. Monday, September 24, and again at 11:59 p.m. on each of the following nights up to and including Friday night, October 1.
- The complete freeway closure will end by 4 a.m. each morning.
- A detour will be provided.
- All traffic will exit Northbound I-5 at Burbank Boulevard.
- Northbound I-5 may be reduced to one or two lanes starting at 9 p.m.
- The Westbound State Route 134 connector to Northbound I-5 will be closed between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., with the following detour posted: Westbound on SR-134 to Northbound SR-170 to Northbound I-5.
- Northbound I-5 on-ramps will be closed at Orange Grove/Olive Avenue and at Alameda Avenue between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., with detours posted.
- Westbound SR-134 on-ramps will be closed at Fairmont Avenue and San Fernando Road in Glendale between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., with detours posted.
- Drivers are advised to use other routes and avoid this area due to possible traffic delays.
- The schedule is subject to change. Dates, times and locations may change.
(Information shown above is for the Complete Freeway Closures. Information shown below is for other ongoing or intermittent closures in the construction area.)
Northbound and Southbound I-5 Lane Closures: Intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., at times reducing I-5 to one or two lanes in either direction.
Long-term I-5 Ramp Closures at Burbank Boulevard: Long-term or permanent ramp closures are in effect at some on-ramps and off-ramps at Burbank Boulevard. Detours are posted. Only the following ramps at Burbank Boulevard are open, and they may be closed at times with a detour posted:
- The Northbound I-5 off-ramp to Eastbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go east on Burbank Boulevard to San Fernando Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted.
- The Southbound I-5 off-ramp to Westbound Burbank Boulevard — Vehicles exiting I-5 must turn right and go west on Burbank Boulevard to the intersection at Victory Boulevard. At times, this ramp may be closed due to construction, with a detour posted.
Long-term Closure of Burbank Boulevard at I-5: Burbank Boulevard is closed to through traffic in both directions between San Fernando Boulevard and Front Street. Detours are posted.
On- and Off-Ramp Closures and Street Lane Closures: Intermittent on- and off-ramp closures and street lane closures on San Fernando Boulevard, Burbank Boulevard and Buena Vista Street, either during the day or at night. Detours are posted.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.