Construction on this project is 79% complete.
- *Northbound Pioneer Blvd. is scheduled to be closed overnight between Imperial Highway and Crewe Rd. to remove K-rail:
- Monday, March 26 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. and again Tuesday, March 27 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The Pioneer Blvd. on ramp to northbound I-5 will remain open.
- Norwalk Blvd. / San Antonio Dr. is tentatively scheduled to be closed between Adore St. and Olive St. on the nights of Tuesday, Apr. 3, Wednesday, Apr. 4, and possibly Thursday, Apr. 5 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. to allow installation of girders across the second half of the San Antonio Bridge. (Detour map below).
- This will also require the closure of up to two lanes on northbound I-5 from Silverbow Ave. to Pioneer Ave. and the northbound Norwalk Blvd. off ramp.
I-5 from Silverbow Ave. north all the way up to Pioneer Blvd. is in varying stages of progress with crews spreading base (gravel), grading, compacting and paving. This activity includes compaction with a vibratory roller, so residents in the nearby neighborhoods may experience noise and vibration during the day. This past week crews have been paving lanes between the Imperial Highway Bridge and the Pioneer Blvd. Bridge (below):
The overnight closure of Imperial Highway from Adore Ave. to the Frontage Rd. was completed successfully the night of Tuesday, Mar.20 and the roadway was re-opened to traffic by 6 a.m. Wednesday morning. The concrete pour on the top side of the Imperial Highway Bridge is complete and the concrete is curing.
As crews work on Imperial Highway, Norwalk Boulevard and Pioneer Boulevard bridges at I-5, one lane in each direction may be closed on each street (at I-5) during the daytime, between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.