HOV lane, one mixed-flow lane in each direction, interchange modifications at San Antonio Avenue undercrossing, Imperial Highway undercrossing, Pioneer Boulevard undercrossing and Orr and Day Road
Construction began early 2013
Imperial Highway and Pioneer Boulevard
A High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) or carpool lane, and one mixed-flow lane in each direction is being constructed by Caltrans in late 2012 along the Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) at Imperial Highway for approximately two miles from Silverbow Avenue to Orr and Day Road in Norwalk. Four structures will be widened: the San Antonio Avenue undercrossing; Imperial Highway undercrossing; Pioneer Boulevard undercrossing; and the Orr and Day Road overhead/overcrossing. In addition, a southbound off-ramp will be constructed at the Pioneer Avenue undercrossing and the inside and outside shoulders will be upgraded to the standard width. The project investment is $302 million and is expected to be completed in early 2016.
Caltrans is committed to inform the public of the construction effort. Notices of community meetings and updated construction advisories will be posted on this website periodically. Thank you for your patience. For more information, please call toll-free (855) 454-6335.
- Imperial Highway & Pioneer Boulevard Project - Week of 3/29/15
- 11-17-13 to 11-20-13 Construction Notice Girders (I-5 HOV Imperial Hwy and Pioneer Blvd)
- 10-15-2013 Construction Notice SB Norwalk Blvd On-ramp (I-5 HOV Imperial Hwy and Pioneer Blvd)
- Imperial Highway & Pioneer Blvd, Mar 22-29, 2015
- 5-22-13 Imperial Hwy Pioneer Project Groundbreaking