Construction on this project is 66% complete.
Completion of first half of Valley View Ave. Bridge: Opened to traffic Monday, October 7, 2019. A second southbound lane will open in *the summer of 2020.
Completion of second half of Valley View Ave. Bridge: Revised to *mid-2022.
Target date to open the new Valley View Ave. off ramp from southbound I-5 is *revised to end of July 2020 due to extensive rain delays.
N. Firestone Blvd. reverts to two lanes in each direction east of Valley View Ave.: End of 2021.
N. Firestone Blvd. re-opens between Knott Ave. and Trojan Way: *summer of 2020.
New S. Firestone Blvd. running under the Valley View Ave. Bridge opened July 13, 2020.
I-5 Valley View Ave. Interchange projected date of completion: Revised to *mid-2022.
Scheduled to be closed for a concrete pour on the deck of the new bridge:
The night of Wednesday, August 19:
- Northbound and southbound I-5 all lanes closed from Carmenita Road to Artesia Boulevard from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Southbound I-605 (San Gabriel River Freeway) connector to southbound I-5 closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Westbound State Route 91 (Artesia Freeway) connector ramp to northbound I-5 closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Northbound and southbound Valley View Ave. closed between Alondra Blvd. & Arbor Place from 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. (Only local business access will be permitted.)
- Firestone Blvd. closed between Gateway Dr. and Valley View Ave. (Only local business access will be permitted.)
Workers completed placing forms over the rebar stem walls on the deck of the second half of the north end of the bridge in preparation for a concrete pour. They are also constructing falsework (temporary frame) and soffit (deck underside) on the south end.
New, additional videos from August 5 below:
Videos & photos below from August 5:
Videos & slide show from July 14 & July 28 below:
Photos from July 14 & July 28 below: