Crews will be demolishing one half of the Valley View Ave. bridge at I-5 and removing footings and columns on the freeway. This work will require the full closure of the northbound and southbound I-5 freeway, between Artesia Boulevard and Carmenita Avenue. Access to I-5 from the westbound SR-91 and southbound I-605 will also be limited. Specific closure times and recommended detour routes are outlined below; additional information will be provided on the on the google map at the bottom of the page.
- Northbound I-5 will be closed:
- from 1 to 5 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 2,
- from 1 to 5 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 3
- from 1 to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 7
DETOUR (shown on map below in blue): Exit at Valley View Ave., right on Firestone Blvd., left on Trojan Way, left on Alondra Blvd., left on Freeway Dr. to access northbound I-5 on-ramp.
- Southbound I-5 will be closed:
- from midnight to 5 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 2,
- from midnight to 5 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 3
- from midnight to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 7
- Westbound SR-91 connector to northbound I-5 closed:
- from 11 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1 to 5 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 2
- from 11 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 2 to 5 a.m. Friday, Feb. 3
- from 11 p.m. Monday, Feb. 6 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7
DETOUR: Motorists will be directed to continue on westbound SR-91, transition onto northbound I-605, then to northbound I-5.
- Southbound I-605 connector to southbound I-5 closed:
- from 10 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1 to 5 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 2
- from 10 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 2 to 5 a.m. Friday, Feb. 3
- from 10 p.m. Monday, Feb. 6 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7
DETOUR: Motorists will be directed to continue on southbound I-605, transition onto eastbound SR-91, then to southbound I-5.
Crews have closed the southbound Valley View Avenue off-ramp and reduced lanes (one lane in each direction) on the Valley View Avenue bridge over I-5. The duration of the ramp closure and lane reduction will be approximately two years. Heavy traffic and delays in the area are expected. If possible use alternative routes (shown on the map below). Portable changeable message signs have been placed in the vicinity to notify the motoring public.
Crews will be removing asphalt between Arbor Place and Park Place, weekdays between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Multiple utility relocations are ongoing throughout the construction site. There will be intermittent lane reductions on both N. Firestone Boulevard and S. Firestone Boulevard. Work will be performed Monday through Friday.
A portion of S. Firestone Boulevard at Coyote Creek channel is now closed for utility relocation for a period of four to six months. Work will be conducted weekdays between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. Businesses along Firestone Boulevard will remain open and detour signs will be posted.
Please visit the project Google map for detailed detour information regarding these closures, or view below.