Construction on this project is 26% complete.
Completion of first half of Valley View Ave. Bridge: Approximately March of 2019.
Completion of second half of Valley View Ave. Bridge: Approximately December of 2020.
Completion of entire I-5 Valley View Ave. Interchange project: Approximately early 2021.
Valley View Ave. will have one lane closed at N. Firestone Blvd. from *7 p.m. Friday, March 23 until 7 a.m. Saturday, March 24 to remove an existing manhole. The remaining open lane will be used for two directional traffic (northbound and southbound) with the assistance of flaggers. Use an alternate route, if possible.
Overnight lane and/or full freeway closures of northbound I-5 between Beach Blvd. and Valley View Ave. to move K-rail and re-stripe lanes have been rescheduled for the nights of Sunday, Mar. 25, Monday, Mar. 26, and Tuesday, Mar. 27. Closures are subject to change and are as follows:
- Northbound I-5 from Beach Blvd. to Valley View Ave. lanes will be reduced starting at 10 p.m. with a full freeway closure from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on the night of Sunday, Mar. 25 and repeating on the nights of Monday, Mar. 26 and Tuesday, Mar. 27. If possible, the contractor will keep at least one lane open the nights of Sunday and Tuesday.
- During northbound full freeway closures:
- The westbound and eastbound SR-91 connectors to northbound I-5 will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Vehicles will not be able to enter or exit I-5 at the Gateway Dr. ramps.
- The Beach Blvd. and Artesia Blvd. on ramps to northbound I-5 will be closed.
- Southbound I-5 at least one lane will remain open between Alondra Blvd. and Artesia Blvd. from 10 p.m to 5 a.m.
Detours during northbound I-5 full freeway closures:
- Westbound SR-91 to either northbound I-605 or northbound I-710 to rejoin northbound I-5.
- For local traffic, detour signs will be posted and traffic will be taken off of northbound I-5 at the Beach Blvd. exit, right onto Auto Center Dr. to go north on Beach Blvd., west on Artesia Blvd, west on N. Firestone Blvd. to rejoin northbound I-5 at the Gateway Dr. on ramp. There will be flaggers on N. Firestone Blvd. at the intersections at Knott Ave. and at Trojan Way. (Local detour map below):
Valley View Ave. will be elevated to meet with the new Valley View Ave. Bridge. In turn, N. Firestone Blvd. will be elevated to meet Valley View Ave. In preparation for these modifications, N. Firestone Blvd. will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Gateway Dr. and Valley View Ave. This change is tentatively scheduled to occur overnight on the night of *Tuesday, Mar. 27.
N. Firestone Blvd. is scheduled to be closed from Valley View Ave. to Gateway Dr. from 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 27 until 6 a.m., Wednesday, March 28. There may be traffic control with flagging on Valley View Ave. at N. Firestone Blvd during that time. When the roadway re-opens Wednesday morning, it will be one-lane in each direction until December of 2020. During that time:
- Access to all businesses between Gateway Dr. and Valley View Ave. will remain open.
- Trucks over 2,500 lbs. and/ or longer than 25 feet will not be permitted to:
- Drive on N. Firestone Blvd. between Valley View Ave. and N. Firestone Blvd.
- Exit northbound I-5 and turn left to Valley View Avenue. They must turn right onto N. Firestone Blvd.
- Turn left or right onto Firestone Blvd. from Valley View Avenue.
The intersection of Valley View Ave. at N. Firestone Blvd. is pictured below:
Pictures below show stages of progress on the bridge abutment west of Valley View Ave. and northeast of I-5. We are now building falsework:
The Valley View Ave. Bridge between Arbor Place & the railroad tracks pictured below:
A view from beneath before and after the soffet was built (below):
The top side of the bridge March 8 and March 13 (below):
*On April 2, 2018 the existing N. Firestone Boulevard will close until at least April of 2019 between Knott Avenue and Trojan Way in La Mirada for demolition to prepare for the widening of I-5 and to allow demolition and reconstruction of the bridge over Coyote Creek. N. Firestone Boulevard will be rebuilt to the east. Map below:
DISCLAIMER: Due to the dynamic nature of construction, please note that all dates and times are subject to change due to unforeseen operational factors or inclement weather.