Improvement: One HOV/carpool lane in each direction.
Cost: $116 million
- Improving traffic circulation along the I-5 corridor
- Encouraging carpooling
- Enhancing air quality
- Reducing freeway noise in adjacent neighborhoods
- Enhancing safety
- Revitalizing our I-5 community
The Golden State Freeway (I-5) is being widened to add 2.7 miles of carpool lanes in each direction between the Ventura Freeway (SR-134) and Magnolia Boulevard in the cities of Burbank and Glendale.
Freeway improvements include widening bridges, constructing new on- and off-ramps at the southbound Western Avenue interchange, enhancing soundwalls and upgrading the storm water drainage system. To enhance public safety, a pedestrian walkway will be constructed near Verdugo Avenue.
- SR-134 to Buena Vista St. Construction Activities and Closures: May 31 - June 5, 2015
- SR-134 to Buena Vista St. Construction Activities and Closures: May 24-29, 2015
- 55-Hour Closure of Western Avenue On-ramp Southbound I-5