Improvement: One HOV/carpool lane in each direction.
Cost: $116 million
- Improving traffic circulation along the I-5 corridor
- Encouraging carpooling
- Enhancing air quality
- Reducing freeway noise in adjacent neighborhoods
- Enhancing safety
- Revitalizing our I-5 community
The Golden State Freeway (I-5) is being widened to add 2.7 miles of carpool lanes in each direction between the Ventura Freeway (SR-134) and Magnolia Boulevard in the cities of Burbank and Glendale.
Freeway improvements include widening bridges, constructing new on- and off-ramps at the southbound Western Avenue interchange, enhancing soundwalls and upgrading the storm water drainage system. To enhance public safety, a pedestrian walkway will be constructed near Verdugo Avenue.
- SR-134 to Buena Vista St. Construction Activities and Closures: July 5-10, 2015
- Weekend 55-Hour Closure of Southbound I-5 Verdugo On-Ramp in Burbank
- SR-134 to Buena Vista St. Construction Activities and Closures: June 21-26, 2015
Weekly Construction Updates
- SR-134 to Buena Vista St. Construction Activities and Closures: June 21 - July 3, 2015
- Northbound I-5 Olive Avenue Off-Ramp Now OPEN!
- Caltrans Event Notice Burbank Empire Center 6-29-13